Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post below are "affiliate links" from ShopStyle and RewardStyle. This means if you click on the link and/or purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
Is Fox’s new hit show “Gotham” a must-see for you on Monday nights at 8/7c? If not, here’s a reason to watch: Jada Pinkett Smith. As Gotham’s feisty and fashion-forward crime lord Fish Mooney, Pinkett-Smith is utterly delicious. She satisfies my desires for all things dark and dangerous. And of course, as I am in love with her wardrobe! According to costume designer Lisa Padovani, Jada’s leather and metallic dress as “80’s Versace/Mugler inspired.”
Three parts Stephanie “Queenie” St. Clair, Griselda Blanco and Norma Desmond, I love that Jada on this show. I love that she surrendered to her shadow in this delicious role. While I’ve been hooked since the pilot premiered on September 22, it was only after episode 3 (“The Balloonman”) aired that I knew I had to finally dedicate a post to the gorgeous gangster. Here is how to get her signature makeup look by Gotham makeup department head John Perkins:
Celebrity makeup artist Steven Arturo posted a headshot of this promotional picture on May 27, 2014 on his Instagram account. He did the makeup for the promo, while celebrity hairstylist Marcia Hamilton crafted this short pixie with long, deep, fuchsia-tipped, side swept bangs. Those fabulous, deep jungle green talons are OPI GelColor Soak-Off Gel Lacquer in Amazon Amazoff (also available as a regular lacquer).
In many ways, this was my favorite character to create because she is a new creation for the Batman saga. I was free to experiment with her look. After a few camera tests, I knew we had found the right look for her. It’s what I would call High Disco: a nod to the Studio 54 days; vivid colors and metallics blended well but still very distinct. Jada is trusting, patient and always adventurous—willing to try anything to get the character right. Overall, a joy to work with.
Fish Mooney Gotham Makeup by John Perkins: Murad, Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics, Bobbi Brown, Make Up For Ever, NARS, Vincent Longo, MAC, Smashbox, Hourglass, Urban Decay, LashControl & Premiere Products, Inc.
- Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics OCC Skin (primer)
- Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick in Honey (center of face)
- Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick in Golden (blended on the forehead, around hairline to the jaw)
- Make Up For Ever Camouflage Cream Pot in Orange (concealer)
- Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick in Natural (concealer)
- NARS Light Reflecting Loose Setting Powder (powder)
- Vincent Longo La Riviera Face & Body Sun Bronzer in Copper Kiss (a touch blended on cheeks and chin)
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light (highlight)
- NARS Illuminator in Hot Sand (highlight)
- Make Up For Ever Compact Modeler (contour; discontinued but Make Up For Ever’s Sculpting Kit in Neutral Light is a dupe. Used on the cheekbone and down the nose from the brow bone)
- MAC Pigment in Gold (applied wet and packed on the lid)
- Smashbox Full Exposure Palette (the neutral, dark colors and highlight on the brow were used from this product)
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Goldmine (top and bottom waterline)
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Bourbon (outer lower lid)
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Perversion (outer top lid)
- Premiere Products Inc. Skin Illustrator Brow Palette (Dark Brun used for brows)
- LashControl Clear Coat Control Mascara and Brow Fix
- LashControl Lengthening and Conditioning Mascara in Natural Black
- MAC 7 Lash
- Vincent Longo Water Canvas Blush in Savannah Fresh (for apples of the cheeks)