Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post below are "affiliate links" from ShopStyle and RewardStyle. This means if you click on the link and/or purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
Tika Sumpter shared celebrity makeup artist Kim Jones’s brow technique to her fans. She said, “You guys have asked, so I’m spilling.” Jones uses two products to achieve Sumpter’s perfectly groomed brows.
- First, Jones creates an outline with Beautique Eye Brow Pencil in Soft Black.
- Next, she uses short strokes to thicken Sumpter’s arches with Tom Ford Sculptor in Espresso.
In July 2012, in honor of the movie Sparkle, key makeup artist Kym Lee hosted a 30-day media campaign in which she shared exclusive beauty tips and tricks used on the set. On August 29, 2012, Lee published her first pictorial of how she crafted the perfect brows for Sumpter. Her tips:
- I chose MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Spike to outline brows, using short strokes to simulate real hair. No check marks, McDonald’s arches, or pork chop shapes allowed!
- To fill in brows, I used Iman Perfect Eye Pencil in Nut Bush.
- Brush brows so they don’t look drawn on.
- Using a flat, firm haired brush, I highlighted the brow bone with a concealer two shades lighter than foundation.
- Blended concealer so there was no demarcation. Never draw brows so long that they extend past your eyelid. The base or beginning of your brows should never meet as a unibrow.
“To give life to [Sumpter’s] brows” for her Rolling Out shoot, celebrity makeup artist Jessica Smalls chose Anastasia DIPBROW Pomade in Ebony.
“This is definitely a must have for killer brows,” gushed Smalls. Celebrity Ashunta Sheriff also likes using Anastasia DIPBROW Pomade in Ebony on Sumpter too, as you can in Color Story: Tika Sumpter’s Ride Along Makeup.
As always, I’ll keep my ears to e-streets in case any other celebrity makeup artists come forward with tips, tricks and products they use for Tika Sumpter. Watch this post for new information!