Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post below are "affiliate links" from ShopStyle and RewardStyle. This means if you click on the link and/or purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
Tika Sumpter eyebrows can be yours today! The “Have and Have Nots” star recently shared celebrity makeup artist Kim Jones’s brow technique with her fans.
You guys have asked, so I’m spilling.
Tika Sumpter Eyebrows: Beautique & Tom Ford
Jones uses two products to achieve Sumpter’s perfectly groomed brows from Beautique and Tom Ford:
- First, Jones creates an outline with Beautique Eye Brow Pencil in Soft Black.
- Next, she uses short strokes to thicken Sumpter’s arches with Tom Ford Brow Sculptor in Espresso.
In July 2012, in honor of the movie Sparkle, key makeup artist Kym Lee hosted a 30-day media campaign in which she shared exclusive beauty tips and tricks used on the set. On August 29, 2012, Lee published her first pictorial of how she crafted the perfect brows for Sumpter. Her tips:
Tika Sumpter Eyebrows: MAC Cosmetics & Iman Cosmetics
- I chose MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Spike to outline brows, using short strokes to simulate real hair. No check marks, McDonald’s arches, or pork chop shapes allowed!
- To fill in brows, I used Iman Perfect Eye Pencil in Nut Bush.
- Brush [product through eyebrows [to make them look natural].
- Using a flat, firm haired brush, I highlighted the brow bone with a concealer two shades lighter than foundation.
- Blended concealer so there was no demarcation. Never draw eyebrows so long that they extend past your eyelid. The base or beginning of your brows should never meet as a unibrow.
Tika Sumpter Eyebrows: Anastasia Beverly Hills
“To give life to [Sumpter’s arches]” for her Rolling Out shoot, celebrity makeup artist Jessica Smalls chose Anastasia DIPBROW Pomade in Ebony.
“This [pomade] is […] a must have for killer brows,” gushed Smalls. Celebrity Ashunta Sheriff also likes using Anastasia DIPBROW Pomade in Ebony on Sumpter too, as you can in Her Exact Look: Tika Sumpter’s Ride Along Makeup.
As always, I’ll keep my ears to e-streets in case any other celebrity makeup artists come forward with tips, tricks, and products they use for Tika Sumpter. Watch this post for new information!