Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post below are "affiliate links" from ShopStyle and RewardStyle. This means if you click on the link and/or purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
This past Monday, the photogenic Think Like a Man Too cast graced the red carpet for the LA premiere hosted at TCL Chinese Theatre. Taraji P. Henson arrived in a KAYAT Fall 2014 Cranberry Hand Beaded Halter Gown (according to the brand’s Facebook page). This is the same dress Avenue Magazine highlighted in their coverage of KAYAT’s Fall 2014 collection, which was shown exclusively at Marina B boutique during New York Fashion Week back in February:
One piece that stood out was a red embroidered halter dress featuring a pattern derivative of the Berber nomads of Northern Africa, and delicately embellished with Swarovski crystals.
I am on the fence about the print and the plunging neckline. However, I do like the history behind the gown. She accessorized with a quilted pewter clutch, heather gray stiletto nails (and pedi), and strappy silver sandals.
Taraji P. Henson by Ursula Stephen: Motions
While my favorite Taraji hairstyle is her textured bob, celebrity hairstylist Ursula Stephen fashioned sultry, tousled, voluminous waves for the actress. “We were going for an effortless, just-woke-up look. I wanted to keep it polished and sexy but with movement to play off the sexy vibe of the movie,” revealed Stephen. Here’s how to get the look:
- Start with clean, dry hair. For natural girls, use Motions Straight Finish Cleanser
- Use Motions Straight Finish Leave-In Conditioner for added shine and movement
- Seal the hair’s cuticle using Motions Straight Finish Sealer
- Mist hair with Motions Light Hold Working Spritz and loosely wrap small wefts of hair around a 2-inch barrel curling iron
- Let hair cool, then shake out and separate curls with fingers to loosen the look
Taraji P. Henson by Ashunta Sheriff: Anastasia Beverly Hills, Ardell, Dior Beauty, Inglot, Magnolia Makeup, Urban Decay, CoverGirl, Mary Kay, Black Opal Beauty, NYX, Naked Pigments, and Nurturing Force
As you might already know, Pantone’s Color of the Year is Radiant Orchid, which they described as “a modern and surprisingly versatile shade that enlivens the skin, making all that wear it [look] more healthy and energetic.” And of course, with celebrity makeup artist Ashunta Sheriff behind the beat, I fully expected her to bring it with the trendy color! The process, step-by-step:
- Primer: Dior Airflash CC Primer Radiance Booster Color Correcting Primer
- Contour: Ashunta Sheriff Perfect Face Dual Foundation & Brush in Tan along with Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit
- Eyebrows: Anastasia Beverly Hills in Dipbrow Pomade
- Cheeks/Cheekbones: Inglot Face Blush/Magnolia Illuminating Powder in Glo (highlight)
- Eyes: Nurturing Force Twinkle Not Wrinkle Eye Cream + Base – HD Primer, Naked Purple Pigments, Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero, CoverGirl Bombshell Volume by lashblast Mascara in Very Black, Ardell Demi Wispies Lashes (stacked), NYX Gel Eyeliner & Smudger
- Lips: Black Opal Color Splurge Patent Lips in Whim and Posh (layered)
- Finishing Spray: Mary Kay Makeup Finishing Spray by Skindinävia
Did you love this look?